11/25/2009

Happy Thanksgiving!





Turkey's thawing, squash is baked, cranberry relish is in the frig and the pie will go in the oven shortly. So, thought I'd just send you all a quick note and say Happy Thanksgiving!

I got the fall decorations out the first of September (pictures above). I love fall and I enjoy decorating for fall almost as much as Christmas.

The 'Maple Leaf' quilt hangs across from our front door, welcoming visitors. It's one that was made by my grandmother, great grandmother and great aunt, probably in the 1940's give or take a decade. There's no documentation so, just guesswork on my behalf. My aunt gave it to my mom and my mom to me. Mom told me that the three did a lot of quilting. If you are a quilter do put labels on all your quilts and wall-hangings. You might be able to remember but, those that come after you, won't know.

The other pictures are just around the house.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

God Bless!

Mira's Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: