12/29/2009

Christmas past...

Christmas is past and the New Year upon us. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year is happy and blessed for everyone!

I  didn't get a chance to post the Christmas decor so, you'll find below, pretty much it. I got customer's quilt finished but, never got to mine. Isn't that the way it goes some days? I'm hoping to finish a couple this next month for myself but, not holding my breath. Had an embroidery job to do Christmas evening and have another quilt on the frame and want to finish yet this week.






The above is our entry hall table you probably saw with the fall decor. The Tom Clark Nativity is only part of the set I have, plus a manger. I decided to pare down a little this year. The quilt above it is a panel I added borders to and quilted last year. Below that is the fireplace in the living room ( now my studio). I just love the red cardinals, a gift from my long time friend Doreen. The Santa quilt is another panel I added borders to and quilted last year.



Last but, not least and after several attempts I managed to get a good picture of my grandson, Dylan on Christmas Eve. Thank you, Dylan!

January, has already started booking up, of course there are a few customer quilts to get out and my own. Then there's the quilt guild meeting, 'The Quilting and Fiber Arts Marketplace' in Sanford the next morning, a Christmas luncheon that got cancelled due to the weather, then the Carolina Longarm Assoc. will be meeting here in Asheboro. I have a quilt to make for a workshop I'm teaching for our guild and a program to give at the February meeting. Whew! Where has January gone?

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve.

Mira's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: